07 March 2007

creating our own happiness


so, just what i needed to feel better about the world...i remembered that wayne coyne of the flaming lips had recently contributed to a "this i believe" on npr...so i looked it up...

and it seemed to fit perfectly with my whole pursuit of happiness discussion concerning the love of tragedy in our society.

"I believe this is something all of us can do: Try to be happy within the context of the life we are actually living. Happiness is not a situation to be longed for or a convergence of lucky happenstance. Through the power of our own minds, we can help ourselves. This I believe." -Wayne Coyne

listen to the segment at

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7572601

you'll thank yourself. its just nice to see someone talking about happiness.

1 comment:

K and T said...

99 percent the "This I Beleive" essays bore me--heck I even don't like that piano music they play before each one--but Wayne C's was pretty damn cool. Isn't amazing in all the Lips' craziness that they are one of the most sincere--truly sincere--bands on the planet?