28 June 2006

hey, its kathy, leave a message, i'm not here right now, i'm over at ripley's believe it or not AND i still don't believe it...


So....it's finally decided. I am moving to NORTH myrtle beach. Tim is taking a job with a newspaper in this lovely coastal area....and so we are packing up and leaving this ole' shack in Charlotte.

We visited last weekend to search for a new living space for us and the kitties. After an exhausting day of passing signs that seemingly shouted at me "BOOBS. CHEAP. TSHIRTS. FISHING. FIREWORKS. BEER. BUFFET. CRAB LEGS", I felt a little unsure about moving to the area. I started feeling like I was losing all the great things that I love about Charlotte. I feared that I wouldn't make any new friends. I feared that I wouldn't be able to find "my" places (the ones that are comparable to The Common Market or the P-Stone here). Then I realized, wait, I don't really go out anyway....what am I worried about?

On Monday, I finally made contact with a wonderful real estate agent....She had a 2 bedroom apartment in North Myrtle that is 2 blocks off the beach. And we found it....the cutest little beach apartment/bungalow. Its PINK! It has a fabulous screened in front porch. I have thousands of great ideas straight from the pages of Martha Stewart Living that involves innovative lighting and hammocks. Hell, the street essentially has the name OCEAN in it.

I realized....despite my fears...I have the opportunity to listen to the waves every single day (in person). I can wake up in the morning and walk straight to the ocean and dip my little toe in just to remember what a wonderful experience I'm having.

I think its going to be a great year. In fact, I think it'll be a beautiful year.

I have visions of all the people I love on that porch, drinking cold budweisers and listen to the sound of time passing.

No comments: