13 February 2007



Apparently, I can't hold my liquor at lunchtime anymore. I had lunch with a colleague from work last Friday. I've been seeking out a new Mexican restaurant on the Grand Strand...(as I miss ol' Zapatas). We tried out this place called Abuelos, which by the way was excellent. I decided to also try out their margaritas, because what is a mexican lunch without a margarita?

So, two margaritas down...and I came home. And within a couple of minutes, I passed out on the couch. I woke up disoriented and confused. Why is it dark? What day is it? Why are there three cats surrounding me?

So, yeah...I'm 30.

Saturday wound up being a date night for Tim and I. We decided to have some dinner and catch a movie. We saw Last King of Scotland. It was pretty good. Reminded me of how narrow my world view is at times. It left me with many questions. And some awful visions. So, we rounded out the evening with a couple of beers at ol' Rockies.

Oh yeah, we watched more than we should of LOST. What'd you expect? We have addictive personalities, apparently.

Classes went well today. Except when I got to the dreaded "Who in this class is a feminist?" That one never goes as well as planned. I envision a day when I look around and all my students have their hands raised. Even once I explain that it simply means equality for men and women...students are still hesitant. What the F?

One female student responded that she feels that men and women have their places in a marriage. He should be the breadwinner and she should be responsible for the home. And that although she'd like to be involved in decisions and such, she thinks that overall he should have the final word.

I keep telling Tim that I would rather kill myself than watch the movie Norbit, but I think that I'd rather watch Norbit 100 times instead of hearing another comment like this from an 18 year old female student.

Wait, did I tell you (in the plural anonymous sense) that Tim and I are going to a Food and Wine festival in Charleston. Guess who will be there? Tom Colicchio and Sam from Top Chef.

Then, I heard that Flaming Lips are playing at House of Blues in April. I stood up and said "hell yeah".

Damn, I had more to say than I remember...we got a wonderful package today in the mail from Morty. Some delicious caramels. They are awesome. I'm savoring each and every one.

Hope everyone has an excellent Valentines Day. For the last two years, Tim and I have made a trip here. So, we debated what to do this year...and we are going to keep our tradition. We've got a wonderful weekend planned visiting some of our favorite spots on the strand. That means I'm prepared to kick Tim's ass in baseball at the Fun Plaza. More on that later.

No comments: