22 July 2008

Airbrushed Turns To Tie Dye

10. Get an airbrushed t-shirt/hat/picture/jean shorts/raft of Tim and I.

As I mentioned yesterday, I decided to "opt out" of the airbrushing and "opt in" to the creative task of tie-dye. But why tie-dye? Mostly because of the following video. I'm not sure if it was the tie-dye t-shirt or those tight pants, but I watched Robert Plant's every move with a dangerous curiosity. It was then that I realized how f-ing rad tie-dye t-shirts are...and how badly I wanted my own shirt.



Apparently, they don't regularly sell RIT dye at grocery stores, so I found myself sifting through the craft section of my least favorite discount store. I do love the craft section though. So many projects. So many wall-hangings and birdhouses and scraps of fabric. Luckily, this soulless store sold a wonderful tie-dye kit. It came with the rubber bands, four colors, rubber gloves, and some dyed ties. It seemed like a good deal.

Here is is our process....






































And down below...the final products. At least two of them. as the others dry, I will continue to post.



















No comments: