03 August 2008

I ain't missing you at all....

When I thought about Myrtle Beach today, which was fairly easy considering the daily paper here in Nashville featured a story about Myrtle for their main travel piece...I thought of this song by John Waite.

Every time I think of you
I always catch my breath
And I'm still standing here
And you're miles away
And I'm wondering why you left
And there's a storm that's raging
Through my frozen heart tonight
I hear your name in certain circles
And it always makes me smile
I spend my time
Thinking about you
And its almost driving me wild
And there's a heart that's breaking
Down this long distance line tonight
I ain't missing you at all...


Here are some pictures of how we spent our last few days. One night was undoubtedly spent at Rockefellers. We had plans to meet some folks up there for our last Saturday night. When Jaime and Mikey arrived, we discovered that Mikey had visited a beach store to dress up for us. I think the idea was to laugh about tourists and to remind us of what we'd be missing. As the night wore on, there were tons of drinks, some tears, some dancing, some hot peppers, lots of photography, and some freak of nature feats. We had a great time. And it was then, while I drunkenly walked to the bathroom that it hit me how many friends we had at the beach, but also how much I would miss them. After all the outpouring of emotion, I mentioned to Tim that we should have said we were leaving much earlier. Particularly because it meant that after all the drinking- we only had a 3 dollar bar tab. A record, for sure.

We also spent our last couple of days moving. It essentially went like this...we packed a truck with our stuff, drove it to Dillon, packed a pod-like structure, drove back from Dillon, finished packing, barely cleaned the apartment, slept, woke up the next morning and packed the car. In the middle of all of this hell-like experience, we did stop to have our last supper with our neighbor Patrick. During this last supper, he managed to eat the largest plate of food I've ever seen.

The last morning, I took a few pictures. Because besides missing the folks at Rockefellers and Patrick, I realized how much I'll miss our "stray" cat, Gravy. Well, we named him Gravy. His real name is Batman. He adopted us. I considered taking him with us. I just couldn't imagine Gravy loving the urban life style. I have been worried about him. I continue to worry and think about him. If I think about it too much, I get a little choked up about it. It is tough when animals adopt you. And even harder, when you know you can't take them with you. It just wouldn't be right. So,I am sitting here in Nashville tonight- hoping that Gravy isn't sitting on my old porch waiting to be fed- but rather, I hope he has climbed a tree, caught a squirrel to eat, and then swaggered down Ocean Boulevard.

No comments: