07 August 2006

Would you give up ketchup?


Some people really really love mustard. Some people really really love ketchup. Some can't go without both of them. I fall in the category of a mustard-lover. Since Tim has been at the beach, I haven't bought any ketchup at all (he happens to be a ketchup lover or a multi-condiment lover). Regardless, I've had grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, french fries...and I never once needed any ketchup.

So, I don't know how this came up...but at brunch with my sister, Ashley, my brother-in-law, Dayne, Tim this weekend, we started discussing ketchup. We were discussing whether you refrigerate it or not? I think it stemmed from a restaurant perspective...Regardless, I mentioned that I could probably go the rest of my life without eating ketchup ever again. I realized I have quite a disdain for ketchup.

But why? Is it from all those years working at Avondale? Having to fill up those ketchup bottles with the huge vat of ketchup? Sometimes seeing condiments in such a large quantity can turn you off from it completely, I think. On a side note: I enjoy mayo from time to time, but it was probably years before I could enjoy after that job.

So...after a mimosa at brunch, I started in on...."what would i give up for ketchup?" like...if someone said..."you can have this....if you never eat ketchup again"....what exactly would it be?

I'd probably take a year long subscription to netflix. Maybe a free U-Haul for the move? Possibly a case of budweiser would work. What would you give up for ketchup?

Now, mustard would be a completely different story.



But it reminded me of that Harry Caray skit with Will Ferrell on SNL...

Harry Caray: Yes! Hey! Now Ken, we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese...
Dr. Ken Waller: Yes! That's true Harry.
Harry Caray: But what if it were made of barbeque spare ribs would you eat it then.
Dr. Ken Waller: What!
Harry Caray: I know I would. Heck I'd have seconds. Then polish it off with a tall cool Budweiser. I would do it.
Dr. Ken Waller: Yeah?
Harry Caray: Would you?
Dr. Ken Waller: I'm confused.
Harry Caray: It's a simple question! Would you eat the moon if it were made of ribs?
Dr. Ken Waller: I don't know how to answer that.
Harry Caray: It's not rocket science. Just say yes and will move on... Holy cow...

1 comment:

Timothy C. Davis said...

I would give up:

warts
sand burrs
cucarachas
jellyfish
Staind
Nickelback
Nickelback played from the back of Nissan Sentras
running out of TP
fundamentalism
anything "promised to (fill in the blank) by God."
colds
the flu
various viruses (virii?)
and...

cavities.