29 January 2007

toasts and babies



okay, so we've made it through one wedding and one baby shower...few more celebrations to go...

the wedding was awesome. tim and i met some lovely new folks. one of them works at the starbucks near our house (good for me and my cafe latte addiction)...and the other one is a student who mentioned the band iron and wine in our conversation. and they are brother and sister, so its a package deal.

there was only one awkward moment, where the sister of the groom mentioned in her speech how happy she was that "she" wasn't there followed by, "ya'll know who I'm talking about..."

by the end of the wedding, the groom and groomsmen were doing keg stands. the bride was doing the electric slide. and tim and i were ALMOST convinced to do some dancing of our own. (The DJ lacked any Michael Jackson...so we decided against it).

* * *

so this weekend, i made my way down to charlotte for my sister's baby shower. it was a rather uneventful weekend, but i got some good time in with my mom and brother, taylor. the shower was loads of fun. it was professionally catered. there was really great champagne (awwww, champagne). i spent most of my time with the parents of my brother-in-law. i think i got misty eyed a few times, while I watched my sister open tiny baby outfits, towels, socks.

* * *

back to school tomorrow. lucky for me i've got exams this week, so it'll fly by.

i can't wait for the weather to warm up...as I've got gardening to do.

No comments: